Music Hall in 1937
Description of Music Hall from OhioMemory.com’s archive:
Located 1241 Elm Street, Over-the-Rhine, Samuel Hannaford’s Venetian Gothic music hall in cherry brick was the fourth-largest such building in the United States. Built on the site of apauper’s cemetery, it is reputedly one of the most haunted places in Cincinnati. Music Hall opened for its first performance — Beethoven’s “Eroica” and Gluck’s “Alceste” — May 14, 1878.North and South wings — Machinery Hall and Art Hall — were added in 1879. Expansion of these wings in 1927 created the Topper Club ballroom, visible lower left.