Before and After: Musik-Verein Halle
In the 1888 book “Cincinnati in Wort und Bild” by Max Burgheim, there is mention of the Musik-Verein Halle. The Cincinnati Musik-Verein was formed in 1883 by the consolidation of the Maennerchor and the Germania.
It is interesting to note that Mr. Burgheim’s book is in German and was printed at the M. & R. Burgheim Verlag at 484 Vine Strasse. Verlag means publishing house.
In 1900, its location was on Walnut between 12th and Canal (which is now Central Parkway). Today, most of Walnut Street is still intact; however, the Musik-Verein Hall has been lost and replaced with this parking lot:
Search the Cincinnati Historical Society Library online here.